Mercedes-Benz is recalling certain model-year 2018-2021 vehicles due to a rearview camera issue. The following vehicles are included in the recall:
- 2019-2020 Mercedes-Benz A220
- 2020 Mercedes-Benz AMG A35
- 2019-2021 Mercedes-Benz AMG C43
- 2019-2021 Mercedes-Benz AMG C63
- 2019-2021 Mercedes-Benz AMG C63 S
- 2020-2021 Mercedes-Benz AMG CLA35
- 2020-2021 Mercedes-Benz AMG CLA45
- 2019-2020 Mercedes-Benz AMG CLS53
- 2019-2020 Mercedes-Benz AMG E53
- 2021 Mercedes-Benz AMG GLA35
- 2021 Mercedes-Benz AMG GLA45
- 2021 Mercedes-Benz AMG GLB35
- 2020 Mercedes-Benz AMG GLC43
- 2020 Mercedes-Benz AMG GLC63
- 2020 Mercedes-Benz AMG GLC63 S
- 2019-2021 Mercedes-Benz C300
- 2020 Mercedes-Benz C350E
- 2020 Mercedes-Benz CLA250
- 2019-2020 Mercedes-Benz CLS450
- 2019 Mercedes-Benz E300
- 2020-2021 Mercedes-Benz E350
- 2018 Mercedes-Benz E400
- 2019-2021 Mercedes-Benz E450
- 2021 Mercedes-Benz GLA250
- 2020-2021 Mercedes-Benz GLB250
- 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLC300
- 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLC350E
- 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLE350
- 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLE450
- 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLS450
A software error may prevent the rearview camera image from being displayed properly, increasing the risk of a crash.
Owner notification letters are expected to be mailed on June 7, 2022. Owners may contact Mercedes-Benz customer service at 800-367-6372 or the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s vehicle safety hotline at 888-327-4236 to learn more.
To resolve the issue, dealers will update the rearview camera software.
Vehicle manufacturers are legally required to repair any recalled issues or replace the defective part for free under the Highway Safety Act of 1970. If the dealership refuses to fix the problem or attempts to charge you for the repair, contact the manufacturer immediately.
Lemon Law Group Partners can assist car owners if they encounter any problems during the recall process with the manufacturer. Our attorneys deal directly with the manufacturer on the client’s behalf to quickly resolve the problem. In many cases, the attorneys get paid directly from the manufacturer so the client does not have to pay any attorneys’ fees to obtain legal counsel. For more information and a free consultation call 888-668-8581.